LetLoveGrowCA

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

Easter time! Oh how I have waited for this day. Last year Miles was only a month old so he just slept through our family visits, but I knew this year he would be participating in the grand old Easter egg hunts! I have been practicing with him the whole month. Going on our own Easter egg hunts around the house, the Easter egg hunts at the preschool and all the fun community Easter egg hunts. I wanted to make sure that he knew exactly what an Easter egg hunt worked. He became a champ. I thought for sure that he would only be interested in shaking them or taking out the stuff inside. He did master opening and closing the eggs. Which was amazing to him. And me since he would sit there quietly opening and closing an egg for a decent amount of time. Which is precious around here these days.

Well, it was a glorious day as I had put a lot of effort into making the grandparents day baskets and I finally got to give them out! They just LOVED them and my husband was so proud of me. He kept saying that they were NOT store bought and how talented I am. Thanks for pumping me up babe!

We got to eat our traditional oyster stew that my dad makes for us every holiday. Even birthdays if requested! It is the most delicious thing. Unless your my husband...he passes every time. Picky, picky boy. Then everyone arrived for the hunt! Meaning my nephew and my brother's girlfriend's daughter. Miles got the first five minutes to himself since he is the youngest. Then came the big kids which ran around like crazy people searching for their crazy inducing eggs. Here are just a FEW pictures of our lovely hunt.

 Miles was pretty serious about finding the eggs.
 He was even putting them into his bag!
 He was doing a good job at really searching for them.
 Here is my nephew finding the really hidden eggs.
 Double fisting it.
 Ava took a moment for a quick pic.
 Ava found the Gold egg which is a lot harder to find than the rest AND has a very valuable loot inside!
 Miles was proud of finding this particular egg and had to show grandaddy.
 Adrien found the silver egg which is the same find as the gold egg.
 This is when they were down to the last few.
 Easter basket time :) and a shirtless baby. It was so warm out today!!
 My nephew and all of his Easter bounty.
 Ava and all of her Easter goodies.
 So my parents made a really fantastic basket for Miles which included this dog (Oh my gosh dogs are the key to his heart right now) with bunny ears that wiggled back and forth AND he WOOFED a song. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.
He was so excited that he made my mom push the button over and over again. He will figure out how to do it on his own very soon i'm sure and boy are we in for it then.
The Easter baskets in all of their untouched glory. What a great Easter this was! Happy Easter to everyone and hope yours was just as funtastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment